- VOLUME 3: DARK CHRISTMAS
1. Steve Earle - Christmas in Washington (4:58) Emma Goldman in a Christmas song, what's not to like?
2. Mighty Mighty Bosstones - Christmas Time (2:57)
3. Aimee Mann and Michael Penn - Christmas Time (4:26)
4. They Might Be Giants - Santa's Beard (1:55)
5. Harvey Danger - Sometimes You Have To Work On Christmas (Sometimes) (5:21)
6. Counting Crows - A Long December (4:57)
7. Robert Earl Keen, Jr. - Merry Christmas from the Family (4:48)
8. Neil Young - Star of Bethlehem (2:45)
9. John Prine - Christmas in Prison (3:13)
10. Willard Grant Conspiracy - Christmas in Nevada (3:43)
11. Jethro Tull - A Christmas Song (3:09)
12. Archers of Loaf - Assassination on X-Mas Eve (3:40) Two hobbies in one here, Christmas music and conspiracy culture. I wonder if the Archers of Loaf saw the weird Jeff Bridges film Winter Kills (1979), which also features a JFK-like assassination at Christmas time instead of Thanksgiving.
13. The Who - Christmas (4:34) Why does this never show up on rock Xmas compilations? One of my favorite Who songs, period.
14. Jimi Hendrix - Little Drummer Boy/Silent Night/Auld Lang Syne (4:29)
15. Weezer - Christmas Celebration (2:22)
16. Sex Pistols - Punk Rock Christmas (3:32)
17. They Might Be Giants - Christmas Cards (2:32)
18. Morphine - Sexy Christmas Baby Mine (2:06)
19. John Lee Hooker - Christmas Time Blues (3:28)
20. Local H - Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas (2:29)
21. Kinks - Father Christmas (3:42) This one really spoke to teenage me when it would infrequently come on the car radio at the holidays in the late 70s & early 80s. I still own the 45 rpm single of this.
22. Emerson, Lake and Palmer - I Believe in Father Christmas (3:30)